Kalaloch is a 100% linen version of our Birds on a Wave design. Inspiration came from a small, 15th century, Chinese wood carving for making prints. The waves both representing the currents in the air, and the imaginary trails left behind the swallows as they take flight.
Linen as a towel is potentially not what you may expect. These are perfect for hot, sunny days, or for keeping the breeze away while you're at the beach. As a fabric, flax linen has the ability to regulate temperatures, and so it often feels cool. It also works great for right after a swim in the sea, as it'll quickly wick away the moisture. The towel itself will also dry quickly when wet. And for kids, it's a great sun-shield!
General Care Instructions for Irish Linen Products
Caring for Linen is relativly simple, the fabric is amazingly durable. Following these instructions will help it stay in top condition for longer
- Machine Washable: Gentle cycle with cold or lukewarm water (up to 40°C).
- Mild Detergent: Use a mild, liquid detergent. Avoid bleach or brighteners.
- Separate Wash: Wash linen items separately to avoid friction.
- Tumble Dry on Low: If necessary, use a low heat setting.
- Line Dry Recommended: Preferable to line dry for natural softness.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Prevents color fading.
- Ironing is Optional: Iron while damp for a smoother look.
- Use a Medium-Hot Iron: Iron on the reverse side to protect colors.
- Store in a Cool, Dry Place: Avoid plastic bags or boxes.
- Avoid Compression: Prevent creasing by not compressing under heavy items.
- No Bleaching: Bleach can damage linen fibers.
- Gentle Handling: Linen becomes softer and more absorbent with each wash.
- Promptly Remove from Dryer: Minimize wrinkles by removing when slightly damp.