Fine Scroll double damask is another of our traditional designs. It's been woven from times before our looms were able to accept digital designs. We've held onto this design as one of our favourites; Mostly out of nostalgia, but also because linen to us is steeped in culture and tradition.
Our favourite thing about our placemats is their versatility. It's always worth having a couple extra to use as a traycloth, or to help frame serving dishes.
One, Four, Six
General Care Instructions for Irish Linen Products
Caring for Linen is relativly simple, the fabric is amazingly durable. Following these instructions will help it stay in top condition for longer
- Machine Washable: Gentle cycle with cold or lukewarm water (up to 40°C).
- Mild Detergent: Use a mild, liquid detergent. Avoid bleach or brighteners.
- Separate Wash: Wash linen items separately to avoid friction.
- Tumble Dry on Low: If necessary, use a low heat setting.
- Line Dry Recommended: Preferable to line dry for natural softness.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Prevents color fading.
- Ironing is Optional: Iron while damp for a smoother look.
- Use a Medium-Hot Iron: Iron on the reverse side to protect colors.
- Store in a Cool, Dry Place: Avoid plastic bags or boxes.
- Avoid Compression: Prevent creasing by not compressing under heavy items.
- No Bleaching: Bleach can damage linen fibers.
- Gentle Handling: Linen becomes softer and more absorbent with each wash.
- Promptly Remove from Dryer: Minimize wrinkles by removing when slightly damp.